Saturday, July 17, 2010

ROMANS!!

I know it's been a while since I have written a Bible study blog, but I have been studying my Bible nonetheless. So I am getting back into the swing of things. Today I read Romans 4. I have been reading a lot lately. I read Acts last week, this week I am reading Romans. :)

Romans 4

I will start off with verses 1 through 3 (paragraph 1). This is where Paul begins to speak about Abraham's faith to the Jews in Italy (Rome) because they were so proud to be descendants of Abraham. Abraham was saved by faith and Paul used this to speak into their hearts.  Abraham was not made righteous by what he did and he couldn't boast about what he was doing to be made righteous because the deeds weren't what made it so. If you look in Genesis 15:6 it says:

"Abraham believed in God, and God counted him righteous because of his faith."

So we are made righteous by our faith, not our deeds.

Now 4 through 8 are a little bit more into detail about this. Think of it this way... When you work at your job (for me, I chat all day LONG with people who don't particularly like me) and you are hard working, you do your deeds and you get paid for it, even if you don't particularly like it... You are given a "gift" that you WORKED for. Now in reality we are now on the spiritual track. You can work all you want to spiritually, but it will get you no reward, no gift, no "money". You will get nothing if you only do good deeds. The real thing you need it FAITH in Jesus Christ! This guy has it all! Have faith in Him because He even forgives SINNERS!!! BTW We are ALLLLLLL sinners. Now think of this,,, You go to work and sit on your butt all day and do nothing but believe that your "boss" is gonna forgive you and pay you anyway, you just have to have faith in Him and follow Him and do what he needs you to do if it comes to that and SOMETIMES you even WANT to work even though you won't get paid extra. In the end you get paid OODLES! This is what faith is like.. sorta. You have faith in Jesus and you are filled with the Holy Spirit which, get this, makes you want to step out IN FAITH and do good deeds that God needs you to do.

For me, this is mission work. I love Jesus. I LOVE Him! I would do anything for him in a heart beat. I felt Him tug on my heart to do missions and that's what I will ultimately do in life. Just pray about it, God has something in store for EVERYONE. God does not create something or someone who He will not have a use for! Be joyful because your sins have been forgiven and wiped off your slate by the blood of Jesus. :) That's not really a happy thing..death..but it kinda is.. It was meant to happen. it was God's plan.

The rest I want you to read for your own quiet time. I love all who read! God bless y'all!

Lanie

No comments:

Post a Comment