Monday, August 9, 2010

Life Is Great

Today I got my Extreme Devotion from the Voice of the Martyrs! I began day 1 out of 365. I've never been great at keeping a habit of doing a devotional, but this one speaks to me more than others. As many of you will not know, last summer God called me to missionary work. I have not been able to go on any missions since last summer when I went to Memphis for Street Reach, but I still have that calling and am thinking of going on a trip this coming Spring Break if possible. This devotion is about the persecuted church. I have strong faith and believe that if what happens to these strong men and women in Christ ever happens to me, I would be strong in my faith to not give in. It just speaks to me. I really have no clue why this is such a strong thing for me, but please keep me in your prayers guys. I need prayer for my mom, dad, and sister to come to know Christ like I do, and grow in their faith. I also need prayer for my fiance, he is trying to find what God wants him to do right now, he just needs guidance. Lastly, I need prayer for myself as I begin my journey today. I have begun a journey I cannot boast about, but all you will need to know is that I need prayer to stay strong in this test. It was so funny (God funny) today.. I began this journey (planned on it for a week to begin today) and just when I begin this devotional comes in the mail like three days before expected. I believe this is what I am supposed to be reading, studying in my Bible, and praying for. I am also asking God to lead my family and friends in His will. Anyway, I love you all and God bless!

Lanie

No comments:

Post a Comment