Monday, February 8, 2010

Day 20/365 Bible in a Year

Today I read Isaiah 12-17.

This book is a book of prophecy. I wrote down some of my favorite verse out of this section earlier. I have to go get them out of my car.........................................................................................................................
....................................................................................................................................................................
............................................................ooookkkkkaaaaaayyyyyyy!!! I'm back.

My favorite verses were:

Isaiah 12:6

"For great is the Holy One of Israel who lives among you."

Isaiah 13:9-12

"The day of the Lord is coming. It will be a terrible day. The Lord's burning anger will blaze out. He will make the land dry and empty. He'll destroy the sinners in it. All of the stars in the sky will stop giving their light. The sun will be darkened as soon as it rises. The moon will not shine. The Lord will punish the world because it is so evil. He will punish evil people for their sins. He'll put an end to the bragging of those who are proud. He'll bring down the pride of those who don't show any pity. He'll make men harder to find than pure gold. They will be harder to find than gold from Ophir."

Isaiah 14:12-17

"King of Babylonia, you thought you were the bright morning star. But now you have fallen from heaven! You once brought nations down. But now you have been thrown down to the earth! You said in your heart, 'I will go up to heaven. I'll raise my throne above the stars of God. I'll sit as king on the mountain where the gods meet. I'll set up my throne on the highest slopes of the sacred mountain.  I will rise above the tops of the clouds. I'll make myself like the Most High God.' But now you have been brought down to the grave. You have been thrown into the deepest part of the pit. "Those who see you stare at you. They think about what has happened to you. They say to themselves, 'Is this the man who shook the earth? Is he the one who made kingdoms tremble with fear?  Did he turn the world into a desert? Did he destroy its cities? Did he refuse to let his prisoners go home?'"

Take your time to think about these verses. Reflect in a journal if you like. Prayer requests? Comment below or email me at livin4christ0129@yahoo.com!!

Lanie

Tomorrow I am reading Matthew 5-7!

No comments:

Post a Comment