Monday, August 30, 2010

Psalms and Jesus

As always, work was a blur and I mean a slow/fast blur. Today was non stop chats (not like the usual light traffic, I am talking I had 88 chats by the time I was only working for four hours!!) .

I read Psalm 22 before I left for work today. I read it in a hurry, so I read it again when I got home. It kinda struck a chord with me. Read it!! At first it starts out with David asking God why he is not answering his prayers. (v.1&2) This hit me because I felt like this recently. I felt like God had better things to do than worry about me. Then I read Matthew 6:26 and thought.. God does care for me. (1 Peter 5:7). And it looks like David realized the same thing.

Even with unanswered prayers (that he knew of..) He praised God for who He was and what He has done. (v.3-5) Then he thinks he is unworthy again and like he is being abandoned by men now and God. They mock him and treat him like poo. They mock God by mocking Him by saying things like:


"Is this the one who relies on the Lord ?
  Then let the Lord save him!
If the Lord loves him so much,
  let the Lord rescue him!"

That was (v.8). What does David do once again?? He praises God and displays his trust in Him from the beginning of life to now. (v.9&8) This Psalm touched me because I felt just like David had once before.

This goes on with trust and depression then there is something that popped out to me. I never saw this before when I read it before I knew about Jesus.( Freshman yr. of HS) When I first read this psalm I was visiting church for the first time as a friend had invited me. (I HAVE to give y'all my testimony some day!!) and I read is an though "Why would someone gamble for someone else's clothes in front of them, thats rude!?" But today, I saw this.

My enemies surround me like a herd of bulls;
      fierce bulls of Bashan have hemmed me in!
Like lions they open their jaws against me,
      roaring and tearing into their prey.
My life is poured out like water,
      and all my bones are out of joint.
My heart is like wax,
      melting within me.
My strength has dried up like sunbaked clay.
      My tongue sticks to the roof of my mouth.
      You have laid me in the dust and left me for dead.
My enemies surround me like a pack of dogs;
      an evil gang closes in on me.
      They have pierced my hands and feet.
I can count all my bones.
      My enemies stare at me and gloat.
They divide my garments among themselves
      and throw dice for my clothing.

This is (v.12-18), Pay close attention.

"Roaring and tearing into their prey" ..nails, spear, hatred, yelling...
"My life is poured out like water" ..the blood..
"My bones are out of joint"..i can imagine Jesus' arm(s) were out of joint with the width of the cross..
"My tongue sticks to the roof of my mouth" ..Jesus was thirsty, but mocked and given sour wine..
"pierced my hands and feet" ..nails, blood, sorrow..
"they divide [all] my garments..and throw dice for my clothing" ..read John 19:24

Then I realized, it all comes together. This passage was written way before Jesus was even a baby.. a prophecy! God works all things together for good. Not always YOUR good, but good.

Always keep Jesus in your heart. God bless you!

Lanie

No comments:

Post a Comment