Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Psalms and Praise

Today I read from Psalms 24&25. I am only gonna focus on 24 right now. I will focus on 25 later when I get home from class. I loved 24 because it was a psalm of praise to our God. I mean, the first line says enough for me.

"The earth is the Lord's, and everything in it
The world and all it's people belong to Him" (v.1)

That alone is enough for me to worship the King of all kings. And you know, God is so much more than everything just belonging to Him. He takes CARE of everything as well! He gives us everything we need. When we are in trouble, He lifts us out. When we are scared, he comforts us. When we talk, He listens. And let me tell you, He listens better than any of your friends or family EVER will!

He doesn't just own everything we know...He made it too. (v.2)

David worships God and says that only those who seek Him have the right to worship Him. I don't know about you, but I seek Him daily. I have not gone a day without prayer and lately my prayers are continuous. (I can't believe this--but I have to tell you guys this..my little dog is snoring like my dad does :D) I digress.. David even goes on to say that only those who seek God are even able to worship in His presence. (v.3-6)

Make way for the Lord when you worship, open up your hearts in prayer, in song, in psalm. Open up your heart to Jesus who died for you. Open it up to God who sent his ONLY Son to die in your place for YOUR sin. Did you know Jesus was blameless? Sinless? Noone who crucified Him seemed to care.. Did you know that His death (when the rocks split) even brought some who crucified Him to follow Him? This is why it says:

"My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. So I live in this earthly body trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave His life for me." (Galatians 2:20)

Praise the Lord for what He has done in your life. He brought you into the world through your mother. This is why you should love God more than even your family and friends. He has been there for you since before the beginning of your life. He knew you even in your mother's womb before even your mother knew you were there! Go read Psalm 139. I will be there by December 22 this year. (I am a woman with a plan!) Also read (v.7-10 of Psalm 24).

Have a great day!! God bless you.

Lanie

Prayer requests? Email me at livin4christ0129@yahoo.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment