Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Today..

Today I read some more of Psalms (13-17) and I also read my favorite (for now) Psalm 66 and I read Matthew 3. Then, after not really having time to actually digest this spiritual meal, I got REALLY busy in Lufkin with my fiance and his registration for classes. So later we went to evening church service and the theme tonight was FAITH once again. I remember that a WHILE back this happened to me. I was spoken to in my heart by God to search about faith. I learned all I could and then some more. But tonight was about needing faith in God to actually have a relationship with Him.

The demonstration was 8 white styrofoam cups. He poured water in one cup (these cups were in a crate with holes in the bottom) and then began moving the cups around and based on our human faith (what we use 5 senses to tell us is real or not) to choose the one we thought had the water in it. He tipped all of them upside down and now a one had water in it. He showed us the holy crate, no pun intended, and lo and behold...no water. none in the cups, none on the table, NOTHING. Our human faith betrayed us. The truth was one of the cups had an absorbent gel in it and we couldn't see it. HA!

Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will happen; it gives us assurance of what we cannot see. (Hebrews 11:1)!

Have faith in Jesus.

Lanie.

(still feelin like somethin may happen) prayer request?? livin4christ0129@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment